I am obsessed with children books! I think I get it from my mom because she’s been collecting children books my entire life and she still has all the books from when my sister and I were kids. I have a huge list of books I want get for my, I mean Hazel’s, book collection. I read books to her during the day and also every night as part of our bed time routine, and I’ve noticed that there are some she seems to like better. They must have the right type of pictures, rhyming, or something that holds her attention because she never fusses when I read these books 🙂
– I Love You Through and Through by Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak: This is probably Hazel’s favorite. My sister got it for us when I fell down the stairs at 32 weeks pregnant, so it’s a special book to me too 🙂 It rhymes and it’s just a super cute book!
– Ten Little FINGERS and Ten Little TOES by Mem Fox and Helen Oxenbury: This book has a good message about diversity and how we’re all human no matter where were came from.
– Snuggle Puppy by Sandra Boynton: This was Hazel’s favorite as a newborn. I think it’s because it’s a song and she loves when I sing (she hasn’t realized I’m a horrible singer yet. Haha!)
– On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman: My parents gave us this book at the hospital on the day Hazel was born. My mom had everyone who came to visit us that day sign it. It’s the sweetest book and now has the sweetest notes from our family in it too 🙂
–Muddy Paws Busy Day by Parragon Books: This a little finger puppet in it so Hazel likes to grab it when I read her this book.
– If Animals Kissed Good Night by Ann Whitford: If you’re going to a baby shower where you’ll be playing the game where you match the animal with the proper baby animal name, start studying this book! lol. It’s a cute rhyming book about mom/dad animals kissing their babies good night. My favorite is the sloth. And I’m pretty sure Hazel things the sloth is funny too 😉
– I Love You More by Laura Duksta: It’s flip book, so it starts at either side and ends in the middle. One side is about how much the mom loves her son and the other is about how much the son loves his mom.
What are your kids favorite children books? I’m excited for Hazel to get old enough to like this book (it was one of my childhood favorites), but when I did the voice for it, Hazel looked at me like I was possessed and started crying. Haha!