Fancy Tee c/o | Ripped Jeans: similar | Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera | Unstoppables Collection | How Many People Does it Take…? Book c/o | Street Fashion Photography Book
I have been working on styling our coffee table since we bought our house almost a year ago and it’s finally complete…that is until I find something new to add to it. My best friend is Nate Berkus (ok, I’ve never actually met him in real life but I loved him on Oprah and when he had his own show, I watched every single episode so that practically makes us besties in my world) and Nate would always says that a space should feel collected over time, so I didn’t want to rush the process of decorating our coffee table. Below are my tips for creating the perfect coffee table that will work for any style.
1. Layers: Just like with clothes, layers add interest. A stack of books give your guests something to read and a tray is perfect for organizing items. Scents is another great way to add layers. Like my good ol’ pal Nate Berkus says “Layer scent throughout your home with the new Unstopables collection. It will add so much elegance”
2. A Personal Touch: Your home should be a reflection of you. (Another tip I’ve heard from my main squeeze Nate). Our coffee table book was the guest book at our wedding. It brings back great memories every time I see it. I recently got the Polaroid camera for Valentine’s day and immediately added it to our coffee table. I can’t wait to see all the pictures our guests snap. I’m pretty sure that when my mom, sister, and niece come over next week, we will be taking a ton of pictures of our little Stevie Rae 🙂
3. Natural Elements: Incorporating nature into your tablescape doesn’t just mean flowers. You can also add faux moss balls, flowering branches, wooden coasters or a scent found in nature. The Lush and Shimmer scents from the Unstopables collection have a hint of floral in them.
4. Candles: Candles add ambiance to the space. The candle that is currently on my coffee table is the Unstoppable candle in Fresh. I’m obsessed with that smell but you can also layer your scents “with the new Unstopables collection. You can add individual scents or mix and match candles, room sprays, in-wash scent boosters, scented oil warmers and fabric refreshers to create a home fragrance that’s truely you.” Thanks Nate Berkus for that tip because I would have never thought of doing that.
5. Add A Throw Blanket: I LOVE throw blankets! They make the space feel so cozy. Don’t be afraid to drape one over the coffee table. It adds texture and warmth to the table (no pun intended). And you guys, my blankets have never smelled so good! I’ve been washing them with the Unstoppables in-wash scent boosters and omigod, they’re amazing! I just want to snuggle up in my blankets 24/7.
I hope you enjoyed taking a glimpse into my living room and found these tips useful. And can I just say that the Unstoppables collection really is the bombdigity! I normally clean my house on Thursdays but I didn’t have time to do a good cleaning this week so I just used the Unstoppables fabric spray and Unstoppables air freshener, both in the scent ‘fresh’, throughout the house and my house smells so clean! Sometimes I feel like air freshener type sprays can be too overwhelming and give me a headache but these have a light airy-ness to them that makes them smell so natural and not too strong at all.
This post was Sponsored by Febreeze Unstoppables
All opinions are my own
Thank you for supporting the companies that support this blog.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.