With my due date only 6 weeks away, I thought it’d be fun to share the items that have gotten me through this pregnancy. It seems like there are so many products and gimmicks out there that it’s hard to know what it really necessary. I tried not to over buy and feel like I got away with a minimal amount of products. Also, my check-up appointment on Monday went great! My fluids were good and the baby’s heart rate was perfect. 🙂
1) Prenatal Vitamins: I started taking these a couple months before I got pregnant. They’re a total must to keep mom and baby healthy 🙂 (I’ve taken both the Nature Made and One A Day brands…whichever has the best deal at the time).
2) Pink Blush Robe: I’ll basically by living in this robe from Pink Blush Maternity (they carry a bunch of maternity clothes and robes) until the baby is born…and probably after too because it will be great for nursing. All you mama-to-be’s should definitely check out their cute maternity clothes!
3) Cake Maternity Nursing Bras: Your boobs get bigger even before you have your baby so if you’re going to have to buy new bras, you might as well get ones that you can use after the baby arrives. Cake Maternity has the best nursing bras! They’re so so comfortable, and cute too! I also got this nursing tank from them to wear under my clothes after the baby arrives.
4) Belly Lotion: Some people say that if you’re going to get stretch marks, you’re going to get them whether you put lotion on your belly or not, but I wasn’t going risk it by not lathering up and so far, I don’t have any stretch marks. Aside for preventing stretch marks, it also just feels good. As your belly stretches it can get dry and itchy, so lotion will help with that.
5) Lemon Drops: These are the only thing that got me through the 1st trimester. My dad had heard somewhere that they help with nausea so he bought these for me and they totally did the trick!
6) Belly Armor Blanket: If you’re concerned about the risk radiation poses to your unborn child, then you need this Belly Armor blanket. You just drape it over your belly any time you’re on the photo or computer. It gives you great peace of mind 🙂
Most pregnancy must-have lists include a pregnancy body pillow, but I just used extra pillows to get comfortable. Plus, it saves money not having to purchase a special pillow.
Of course, these are just my must-haves, and everybody and every pregnancy is different so everyones must-haves will differ. But I hope this helps you mama-to-be’s find your perfect pregnancy items 🙂