I feel like every mom says it at every age, but seriously, how is Hazel already 3 months old?! As she gets older, she gets more and more fun. I mean, lets be honest, when babies are first born, they are very demanding, tiring, and not a ton of fun. Am I a horrible mom for saying that? Haha! Anyways, I thought I’d share some of my favorite memories + Hazels likes, dislikes, and milestones from her first three months.
– Being in the hospital, staring at Hazel, and asking Cody “Can you believe this is what our baby looks like?”
– All the laps I walked around the dining table while singing because that was the only thing that would keep Hazel from crying.
– Hazel absolutely loved looking at lights.
– All the times Hazel peed and pooped on Daddy. I laughed each time which would make my incision hurt. (Cody has figured out a better diaper changing technique now).
– Hazel started doing tummy time at 12 days old and by the time she was 1 month old, she could turn her head from side to side during tummy time.
– Getting her harness for hip dysplasia and realizing how stinkin’ cute she looks it in.
– Nursing her. I was only able to breastfeed for 10 weeks and I will forever cherish those special times with her.
– All the baby snuggles.
– Hazel getting 15 minutes a day harness free for bath time and us taking bathes together. This is still our favorite part of the day.
– Our family walks around the neighborhood when the weather was still nice. Hazel usually fell asleep half way through.
– Hazel loves car rides but hates stop signs/lights. As soon as the car stops, she starts crying.
– Our first vacation to the Oregon dunes. It rained most of the time, but when there was a break in the rain, we’d go on walks outside and Hazel loved looking at all the trees.
– Her smiles. Which she reserved only for Daddy at first.
– When we stick our tongue out at Hazel, she copies us.
– She found her voice and loves to making cooing noises.
– Hazel started getting 2-4 hours a day harness free. She stretches her legs and smiles the second the harness is off.
– She gives the biggest smiles any time someone talks to her.
– She screams and cries every time I try to pick her nose.
– The one time she slept through the night, but I kept waking up to check on her and hardly got any sleep at all.
– Taking her to get her picture taken with Santa, and she pooped all over her outfit and then fell asleep right before it was picture time.
– Hazel’s first Christmas in the snow. We loved every minute of it.
– We spent a week at Grandma and Grandpa’s house (aka my parents), and Hazel would play in bed with them every morning while Mommy and Daddy slept in 🙂
– She can hold her entire upper body up for a long time during tummy time.
– She loves to grab her toys and put them in her mouth.
– Play time with her cousins, Stevie and Shad. Stevie teaches her about all things girly, and Shad crawls on her face. lol.
– Her smell! She smells like baby with a hint of sour milk, and it’s my absolute favorite smell in the world.