I’ve decided to grow out my hair. I’m at that in between stage right now where I just want it to be long and since it’s not, I want to chop it off again. Ha! Anyways, in order for my hair to grow quickly, I need it to stay strong and healthy. If it’s not strong and healthy, it’s more likely to break off which will slow down my hair growth. Since I’ve been all about healthy hair lately, I thought it would be fun to share some of my tips for healthy hair 🙂
1) Avoid Using Hot Tools: Heat is probably the most damaging thing you can do to your hair. And if I’m being honest, I’m totally guilty of using hot tools way too much. I have really thick hair that takes 2 days to air dry completely, so I have to use a blow dryer. And I hate my natural curl, so I curl my hair every time I style it. But since I know heat can damage your hair, I try to choose one or two days a week (usually when I’m just at home all day) to not use any heat on my hair all.
2) Wash Your Hair Less Frequently: I only wash my hair once a week which I know most people think is crazy, but even if you wash your every other day or every few days, it’s going to make a huge difference on the health of your hair. Washing your hair takes away the natural, healthy oils that keep your hair strong, protected, and moisturized. Not to mention that if you wash your hair less, you will use a blow dryer less, which means less damage from heat. When you do wash your hair, make sure your shampoo/conditioner replenishes the natural goodness that washing it can strip away. The Suave Biotin Infusion Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner contain a vitamin know for strengthening hair, so it’s a great option for cleaning your hair while still keeping it healthy…but more on that in tips 3 and 5 🙂
3) Use Quality Products: When I use quality products on my hair, I can feel the difference. The Suave Biotin Infusion collection is, you guessed it, infusion with biotin to strengthen hair and reduces breakage. And we all know that strong hair is healthy hair. I picked up the Biotin Infusion collection from Walmart, and like many Suave products, this collection has the “WAWA” claim, meaning it’s proven to “work as well as” luxury brands, and it has been proven to strengthen as well as Pureology® Strength Cure®. I love that it’s a great products for my hair and at such a great price too. Visit your local Walmart to try out all of the new 2016 Suave Professionals collections: Coconut Oil Infusion, Coconut Milk Infusion and Biotin Infusion, while supplies last.
4) Oils/Serums: I use oils/serums on my hair both right before showering and after when my hair is damp. Before I shower, I do a coconut oil hair mask (basically, I just rub a bunch of coconut oil on my hair and leave it in for anywhere from 15 minutes to a few hours). It’s a great way to moisturize your hair and has tons of other benefits too. Then after I’ve showered and shampooed/conditioned my hair, I apply a serum while my hair is still damp. The Suave Biotin Infusion Anti Breakage Serum is a great option because it adds a protective seal to your hair that helps strengthen it against damage.
5) Vitamins: Biotin and Vitamin E do wonders for your hair! They strengthen it, help it grown, and overall just make it healthier. So obviously the fact that this Suave collection is infused with biotin is a major plus.
Do you have any tips or tricks for healthy hair or making your hair grow fast?
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® & Suave Professionals but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #SuaveBeliever #pmgSuave http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV