1. Swimsuit: Duh! You can’t go to the beach/pool without a super cute swim suit…or two…or three. My favorite place for swimsuit shopping is Target. They have the cutest swim suits at the most amazing prices! Have you guys seen the new strappy trend for swimsuits?! I love it and #TargetStyle has so many strappy swimsuits. They also have a lot of the flounce-y top suits which I love, and you can mix and match the tops and bottoms to create your perfect suit. I just can’t get enough of the #TargetStyle swimsuit section. It makes me happy 🙂
2. Towel: Every beach bag needs a towel. I love this huge beach towel (it’s more like a beach blanket, if you ask me). It’s perfect for a couple of besties to share 🙂
3. Swim Suit Cover-up: My favorite cover-up is a white, button-down shirt and denim shorts. They’re both so versatile! You can wear one at a time or pair them together, and you can leave the shirt open or tie it in a knot. You never know when you’re going to need to throw on some clothes to go off the beach in search of food…or ice cream. I love ice cream!
4. Sunglasses: Accessories are sparse when it comes to a day at the beach but sunglasses are a must-have. I love the fun rainbow mirrored lenses on these sunglasses. They give off the perfect summer vibe. 5. Small Cosmetic Bag: I like to keep a small cosmetic bag with me to store make-up items like deodorant and chap-stick. It’s also perfect for storing my cell phone and keys.
6. Sunscreen: This pasty, pale girl wouldn’t dare want to get a tan, so I always have sunscreen with me and reapply it constantly. I may be white as a ghost now, but I know my older self will thank me for this one day.
7. Reading Material: It’s so relaxing laying in the sun, reading a good book. You see that hammock behind me in some of the pictures? I laid in it for about two hours reading (and napping). It was heaven.
8. Water Bottle: It’s important to stay hydrated when you’re out in the sun all day. I keep a water bottle with me for a little refreshment. (Tip: Freeze your water bottle before you hit the beach. It will melt throughout the day and you’ll always have cold water.)
9. Polaroid Camera: How fun is it going to be to snap Polaroid pictures with all my gal pals at the beach?! I can’t wait to capture all our fun memories!
10. Floaty: I love floating in the water and so does my bulldog. He can’t swim very well, so he floats around on his inner tube trying to catch everyone’s splashes. It’s so cute! I think I might need to get this donut floaty for the summer and no, I will not be sharing it with my bulldog.
Eek! #TargetStyle has me so excited for summer and beach days with my friends!
Find your style @targetstyle