SHOP THE POST
I don’t think I’ve ever gone bra shopping without my mom. Even now as an adult, I plan bra shopping trips with my mom. It’s the perfect mother-daughter bonding time. We always get a good laugh when we look at our bras because mine are teeny-tiny and my mom, well, let’s just say she was definitely blessed in that department. A couple years ago, we discovered we were both wearing the wrong size. I was wearing a size too small, and I was feeling pretty proud that I graduated from size AA to A. Woot! Woot! Haha! It’s crazy what a difference it makes when you finally start wearing your correct bra size. Your clothes fit and look way better on your body. Now before each bra shopping trip, my mom and I take measurements so we are sure to always buy the correct size. Kohl’s has a bra fitting guide that makes it super easy to find your size. Last weekend my mom, sister, and I went bra shopping at Kohl’s (ok, and we also bought a couple cute outfits for Stevie Rae and I bought a Keurig…Kohl’s seriously has everything you could ever need), and we came up with the must-have bras for all women, no matter if you have a super small, almost nonexistent chest like me (padding helps ;)) or if you’re larger chested like my mom. Here’s our list of the 6 bras every woman should own:
1. T-Shirt Bra: This type is my personal favorite and one I wear pretty much every day. The wire underneath adds support, and the material is comfortable and smooth under clothing.
2. Convertible/Strapless: There are so many ways you can wear this type of bra, it’s a no-brainer that everybody should own one.
3. Sports Bra: I love cute sports bras because it gets me excited to work out. Most sports bras smash my “girls” and make me look like a 9 year old boy, so I love that this sports bra has some padding while still giving me the support I need to exercise.
4. Sexy: I think a sexy bra should be for you and not for anyone else. Find a bra that makes you feel amazing and rock it! Most people think of lacy bras for sexiness but a bold color like red is just as sexy.
5. Interesting Back: I love open back tops, but sometimes I don’t want to give up the support of a bra. A bra with an interesting back, like lace, is fun to show off. My mom got this bra with a lacy back because of the way the straps cut inward. She has dents from where her straps sit on her shoulders so this style is a nice relief for her shoulders.
6. Wireless Bra: This has to be the most comfortable bra ever! For not having wire, it surprisingly lends a lot of support. This is definitely the bra I will be wearing when I’m lounging around on the weekend.
Be sure to check out Kohl’s bra department for all your must-have bras!
Oh, and one more thing…you want to win a $200 gift card to Kohls? Enter the giveaway below for your chance to win.
Sponsored by Kohl’s
All thoughts and opinions are my own
Thank you for supporting the companies that support this blog